Thought Of The Month: August 2020 ~ Kick Back and Reflect …
By: Vince DiPasquale
August is a time to kick back and reflect. We have all been through so much these past months.
A friend of mine put together some quotes of mine from the lectures I do. I would like to share them with you as food for thought.
- Look at people the way they are and not the way you want them to be.
- Attitudes are learned so all attitudes can be changed.
- Self-esteem is another form of spirituality.
- We came into this world for a purpose.
- Acceptance is facing the reality of what is.
- Never deny anyone their pain and struggle. No pain, no gain.
- If you keep it inside it becomes a mountain. Share it; let it out and it gets smaller.
- Share with someone who won’t give advice, but just be there for you.
- For every defect there is an asset. From the defects you discern your assets.
- What you can do, you do. What you can’t do, don’t do.
- Make peace with yourself.
- The grieving process begins anytime you end something.
- When you meet someone who is obnoxious remember they have come into your life to teach you what obnoxious is.
- Sometimes you must wallow in the mud until you begin to realize, it’s “mud”.
- We don’t want closure. We want to hang onto something that so we can place blame.
- Self-esteem comes from the inside out.
- Good healthy growth is 10 steps forward and 8 steps back. That’s progress!
- You have no control over anyone else.
- Nothing happens by accident.
- The sun comes up even on a cloudy day.
I hope these quotes help you see how simple life really is. Enjoy these beautiful days. Make sure you always celebrate life in the spirit of gratitude for each day!