From The Executive Director: The Starting Point Has Embraced The New World Of “Virtual Participation”
Dear friends and family,
I hope all of you are well and taking all of the appropriate precautions during very challenging time. It remains our goal to be here for our clients, practitioners, staff, and The entire Starting Point family.
Starting Friday March 20th, The Starting Point embraced the new world of “virtual participation” and is following the department of health’s recommendations for social distancing. Accordingly,
- Vince’s Lectures have been suspended for the next month; however, all are encouraged to visit Vince’s YouTube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zeEc7rEsktHoBDwnwidPg) to hear past lectures by topic.
- We have contacted our 22 plus support groups to postpone all in-person meetings as of tomorrow night and found the majority are meeting via the virtual world of technology. These changes (and, where available, the appropriate info needed to join these virtual meetings) will be posted to our website calendar as they become available.
- Our Front Desk Receptionists will be manning The Starting Point phone system from home. Messages will be forwarded on a daily basis.
- Vince and I will both be available via phone and email during this time to all The Starting Point family.
- Another important resource is the Camden County Crisis Hotline at 856-428-4357.
With that said, I want to be very clear: The Starting Point is not closing, but rather entering the brave new world of “virtual reality” and social distancing.
Finally, on a personal note, I feel that I can speak for everyone here at The Starting Point in wishing you the very best in these difficult times. Take care of yourself, those you love, and reach out by phone or technology to others that you know. This can be a lonely time for many. I truly look forward to the near future when we will meet face-to-face here at The Starting Point.
Please take care, stay safe, and stay connected,
856-854-3155 Extension 179
The Starting Point, Inc. of New Jersey
12 Steps to a Brighter Future
215 Highland Avenue, Suite C
Haddon Township, NJ 08108