New Workshops; various April and May dates: Helping Children With Loss® classes
215 Highland Ave Suite C
Westmont, NJ 08108
Children are deeply affected by death, divorce, pet loss, friendship troubles, new babies, step\blended families, illness, abuse, bullying, graduation, etc.
What do you do when a child’s heart is broken? Do you know how to help a child through grief? Like a fire drill, it makes sense to learn what to do and practice in case crisis hits. With grief, it’s a matter of when, not if. Get prepared now for that day when your child’s heart is hurting.
Upcoming Helping Children With Loss® classes:
(This program is affiliated with and endorsed by The Grief Recovery Institute®)
Fridays 9:30 am-noon April 5, 12, 19, and May 3
Fridays 4:00-6:30 May 3, 10, 17, 31
- Learn what to do when kids are in emotional pain, whether from loss, disappointment, or adjusting to change in the household or to their normal routine…
- Gain confidence in handling honest, heartfelt conversations that used to make you feel awkward and unsure of what to do…
- Empower kids so they don’t continue patterns that lead to more isolation, pain, and loneliness. Begin a healthy, loving, honest cycle of normalizing the grief experience so that your kids naturally practice what they’ve been taught and respond well to others who are grieving…
- Teach lifelong relationship skills of giving and receiving emotional support!
- Stop spreading dangerous myths about how to manage grief that just keep pain bottled up, often leading to disruptive, unhealthy, addictive, risky, out of the moment behaviors…
- And so much more!