Children are deeply affected by death, divorce, pet loss, friendship troubles, new babies, step\blended families, illness, abuse, bullying, graduation, etc.
What do you do when a child’s heart is broken? Do you know how to help a child through grief? Like a fire drill, it makes sense to learn what to do and practice in case crisis hits. With grief, it’s a matter of when, not if. Get prepared now for that day when your child’s heart is hurting.
Upcoming Helping Children With Loss® classes:
(This program is affiliated with and endorsed by The Grief Recovery Institute®)
Fridays 9:30 am-noon April 5, 12, 19, and May 3
Fridays 4:00-6:30 May 3, 10, 17, 31
- Learn what to do when kids are in emotional pain, whether from loss, disappointment, or adjusting to change in the household or to their normal routine…
- Gain confidence in handling honest, heartfelt conversations that used to make you feel awkward and unsure of what to do…
- Empower kids so they don’t continue patterns that lead to more isolation, pain, and loneliness. Begin a healthy, loving, honest cycle of normalizing the grief experience so that your kids naturally practice what they’ve been taught and respond well to others who are grieving…
- Teach lifelong relationship skills of giving and receiving emotional support!
- Stop spreading dangerous myths about how to manage grief that just keep pain bottled up, often leading to disruptive, unhealthy, addictive, risky, out of the moment behaviors…
- And so much more!
*NOTE: Due to unforeseen events, this offering has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Please direct any questions or comments to Loretta Depka at 856-854-3155 ext 179.
Join us for this 4-Week Psycho-Educational Therapy Group designed to address the specific needs of women.
All lectures are free to the public and presented by our founder, Vince DiPasquale (unless specified otherwise)
Jan 2nd NO LECTURE
Jan 9th Co-Dependency Core Root Of Addictions
Jan 16th Isolation Addictions (Hostage Behaviors)
Jan 23rd Fantasy Addictions (Core Issue Shame)
Jan 30th Care-taking Addictions (Control)
Feb 6th Stages Of Recovery from Addiction
Feb 13th Spirituality and the 12 Steps
GRIEF AND LOSS SERIES
Feb 20th Guest Speaker (TBD)
Feb 27th Guest Speaker (TBD)
Mar 6th Five Stages Of Grieving & Denial
Mar 11th Denial, Anger, Bargaining
Mar 20th Sadness and Acceptance
Mar 27th What Is Co-Dependency
Apr 3rd Family Systems- How They Affect Our Life
Apr 10th How to Play and Have Fun
Apr 17th Co-Dep and Relationships
Apr 24th Roles of Co-Dependency
May 1st Six Stages of Recovery
May 8th Self Parenting and Affirmations
May 15th Family of Origin Work and Inner Child
May 22nd Guest Speaker (TBD)
SPIRITUAL JOURNEY THROUGH THE STEPS
May 29th Spirituality – Foundation of Steps
June 5th Steps 1 – Powerlessness & Surrender
June 12th Steps 2&3 Let Go and Let God
June 19th Steps 4&5 Inventory & Sharing
June 26th Steps 6&7 Defects of Character
July 3rd NO LECTURE
July 10th Steps 8&9 Amends to Self and Others
July 17th Steps 10&11 Daily Inventory ~ Prayers ~ Meditation
July 24th Step 12 Spiritual Awakening & Service
July 31st Guest Speaker (TBD)